MTN Ghana Launches “MTN Shortz” Competition for Content Creators
On Wednesday, 8th August 2018, MTN Ghana launched a new service for creative content producers and consumers called MTN Shortz.
According to the Acting Chief Marketing Officer, Mr Noel Kojo-Ganson, “MTN Shortz is a platform that will empower customers digitally and serve as a reference point for them to access short video content like comedy, animation, podcasts, games and films”. The good part is, it isn’t all about the customer.
MTN Shortz hosts content created by Ghanaian creators and pays the content creators. The aim is to encourage local consumption of local content, empower content creators, and tell the Ghanaian story.
How Do You Make Money on MTN Shortz?
Customers who wish to view any content on the Shortz service can subscribe to the content (sort of like subscribing to a specific YouTube video) for a small fee, which goes to pay the content creator. MTN Shortz is a service on the MTN Play Portal.
Here’s the best part; to spice up the launch of MTN Shortz, and encourage content creators to make and upload great stuff, MTN Ghana also launched the MTN Shortz Challenge which presents content creators an opportunity to share their work and earn juicy rewards.
Prize Money, Eligibility and Participation in MTN Shortz
Interested creators can submit as much content as they want unto the MTN Shortz service to be considered for the awards! Content includes:
- Short films (5 to 10 mins long including all titles and credits)
- Funny videos (5 – 10 minutes long including all titles and credits)
- Podcasts (5 – 10 minutes long including all titles and credits)
- Animation (5 – 10 minutes long including all titles and credits)
- Android Games (the .apk should not exceed 100MB)
The awards for the MTN Shortz challenge amount to GH¢50,000 to be shared among the category winners.
The categories at the MTN Shortz challenge are:
- Best animation
- Best game
- Best podcast
- Overall best content
- Best trending video on social media
- Best comedy
- Best shot-on-phone film
- Best local language content
Where to Register and Submit Content for MTN Shortz
You can register and submit content at mtnshortzghana.com.
All content submitted on MTN Shortz between now and 31st August will be considered for the prizes. ? Before submitting content, make sure you own the rights to it.
Additionally, MTN will be holding training workshops in Kumasi and Accra for all content creators willing and looking to earn money from their content. Dates for those are 29th August at Golden Beam Hotel, Kumasi and
5th September at MTN head office, Accra.
Key Things to Remember About MTN Shortz
That’s about it for the MTN Shortz Challenge. But below are a few other things to note:
- Entry is absolutely free
- All content submitted to the platform are reviewed for obscenities and whatnot before publishing.
- The awards are only for the beginning of the roadshow, but you can still earn money per customer subscription for submitted content in the entire lifetime of MTN Shortz
- The challenge is only open to Ghanaian content creators and content aggregators (or people living in Ghana, because your content must be relevant to Ghana)
- You’ll need a MoMo or mobile money account. That’s how you’ll be paid ?.
How to participate:
Participants should upload files via DropBox or WeTransfer and send the file link to shortz.GH@mtn.com with below details
- Full name
- Team members
- Contact number
- Email address
- State participating category
Deadline for submission is 27th August, 2018. Any queries should be submitted to shortz.GH@mtn.com
And that’s it! If you’re interested in earning money for your creativity, do check MTN Shortz out.
Don’t forget to like and share.