DISCOP Joburg: What African Geek Studios Need to Know
African comic book, game development and animation studios are invited to take part in the Johannesburg edition of the DISCOP content, adaptation right and project market slated from 14 to 16 November – and join the DISCOMICS Joburg umbrella.
Taking advantage of Africa’s incredible reservoir of comic books, animation and video-gaming talents, the African Animation Network and the organizers of the DISCOP Markets have recently launched a new initiative, DISCOMICS, to bring these talents under the sight of international buyers and producers.
Twenty creators, graphic artists, game developers and animators will be offered the possibility to attend DISCOP Joburg 2018 and enjoy VIP privileges throughout the 3-day market as well as the following complimentary benefits:
- One PRODUCERS’ Market badge
- One MEETING POD in the DISCOMICS umbrella
- Meeting organization assistance before and during the market
- Access to the NEXT GEN development and knowledge-transfer program
- Up to five programs and projects featured in the DISCOP CLUB online library for 12 months.
Each DISCOMICS talent will also have the opportunity to:
- Make a 5-minute presentation during the DISCOMICS TALENT SHOWCASE to be held in front of key players seeking fresh talent and influencing production and programming decisions.
- Have a short form animation included in FUPiTOONS FESTiVAL which will be screening at the Joburg Film Festival and touring Africa in 2019
- Have a non-exclusive SVOD license for inclusion in the African Animation Network bouquet on MTN Shortz which is live in South Africa and will be expanding into other African countries in the near future
1500+ delegates driving content acquisition, production and sales business in Sub-Saharan Africa are expected to take part in a market specifically tailored to meet the demand of a rapidly changing audiovisual landscape under the influence of a marked preference for home-grown content, the emergence of local talents, viewers’ migration to mobile screens and faster and cheaper internet.
400+ independent producers and global distributors will also attend the 3-day market with finished content, adaptation rights, works in progress and projects in development, as well as 350+ acquisition executives representing broadcasters, premium cable channels, mobile operators andstreaming platforms servicing Sub-Saharan Africa.
Open to up-and-coming talents from all over Africa, the DISCOMICS offer – which aims to identify, grow and support a pipeline of talented creators– is only valid until Friday 12 October. Please respond immediately to email@example.com for further details and receive our DISCOMICS PROMO CODE and further instructions.
For more information contact:
Annecy 2020 Puts African Animation In the Limelight
On Wednesday, June 12, the Annecy Festival announced that 2020’s country of honour won’t be a country at all, but…
Call for Applications: Virtual Reality Workshop at Alliance Française
Love Virtual Reality? So do we. Virtual reality as today’s emerging new medium is establishing itself across different fields, from…
Subscribe to the Squid Mail
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite comics, video games, fresh funky art and African digital art awesomeness!