- Timezone: America/New_York
- Date: Jun 04 2020 - Jun 06 2020
- Time: 4:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Jul 04 2020 - Jul 05 2020
- 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Lagos International Festival of Animation (LIFANIMA 2020)
Lagos International Festival of Animation (LIFANIMA) is one of the major animation festivals on the African continent, hosted in Lagos which is home to Nigeria’s NOLLYWOOD, the world’s 3rd largest film industry.
LIFANIMA is an annual animation event which provides a platform for animators to interact with other stakeholders for optimum value creation and rapid growth of the animation film industry.
Lagos International Festival of Animation is dedicated to the promotion of Animation in Africa. The festival attracts the continent’s new generation of animators and visual effects talents and studios, as well as stakeholders in the film industry.
Investors, producers, private and public sector stakeholders find LIFANIMA a compelling platform for networking.
Entries for the 2020 version of the festival opened on December 6, 2019. The soft deadline for submission to the festival is Valentine’s Day, February 14, 2020, and the final deadline on March 31, 2020.
The objectives of LIFANIMA are as follows:
- To promote the rapid development of the animation industry in Nigeria and across Africa;
- To improve the movie industry through increased inclusion of animation content;
- To provide a platform for the promotion of local animators and development of the quality of animation; and
- To expose animators to the latest technologies in animation hardware and software
The festival will feature screenings, panel discussions, award presentations and networking opportunities.
The festival gives awards in four categories, namely,
- Best 2D Animation;
- Best 3D Animation;
- Best Animation Commercial; and
- Best Visual Effects
Eligible animators and producers who are interested in LIFANIMA can submit their works via the festival’s FilmFreeway page or via WeTransfer to email@example.com.
LIFANIMA going into its fourth year is the brainchild of USP Brands and Muyiwa Kayode. It is supported by Kunle Ajose (Creative Director) and Adebimpe Adebambo (Artistic Director) and director of Tejumade which screened at AAFFia 2019.