Prepare to Meet Sidney Kombo, Animation Supervisor of Avengers: Infinity War
Have you ever wondered about the animation and visual effects in blockbuster movies such as Avengers: Infinity War, Planet of the Apes or Gravity? Congo-born animator Sidney Kombo once did and will soon share his journey as well as tips and advice on how to get started and more.
Today the Animation Supervisor at Weta Digital, the New Zealand-based studio behind the 2018 blockbuster movie Avengers: Infinity War – Sidney has experienced all aspects of the animation industry. In fact, his dreams and animations have truly come to life in big-budget Hollywood flicks like the ones already mentioned.
Sharing, as he does, a similar heritage and background with many Africans, Sidney Kombo truly is a trailblazer. But how did an African schoolboy’s early sketches of sportsmen and an early interest and love for computer graphics and animationultimately lead him to the doors of the world’s best animation studios? And what has he learnt in his years working in the very world many people will probably only enter with a trip to the cinema?
In what was a lively and free-flowing exchange of questions and commentary, complete with questions from several people, CG Africa was recently blessed to spend time chatting (and laughing!) with Sidney.
The result? An exclusive in-depth by CG Africa for all to enjoy. The video contains answers to intriguing questions, including:
- What’s it REALLY like to oversee animation projects into which literally millions of dollars have been invested by the major film studios?
- What exactly DOES an Animation Supervisor do all day, and what are the challenges faced by creative professionals in this age of ever-changing technological revolution?
- What advice would Sidney give members of our audience looking to follow in his footsteps?
- What was it like to recently work on the blockbuster sci-fi movie War for the Planet of the Apes (WAR)?
So, sit back and prepare to enjoy the CG Africa video exclusive with New Zealand-based Sidney Kombo. The video will be available to all from May 13th, 2018.
African Animated Music Videos (AAMV)
Music is what gets us through the rough days, the pleasant ones and everything in-between. Then there’s animation. We ❤️❤️❤️…
Cassandra Mark’s Recipes for African Fantasy Storytelling (Part 1)
Once upon a time you or a friend, family member, or just generally someone you know, thought about writing a…
Subscribe to the Squid Mail
* You will receive the latest news and updates on your favorite comics, video games, fresh funky art and African digital art awesomeness!