Do you like animation and want to create your own? The Triggerfish 10-Second animation competition is a great way to start.
Triggerfish, the award-winning South African animation studio is again on the lookout for Africa’s top aspiring animation artists. The studio is calling for animators to submit short animation the Triggerfish 10-second animation competition.
If you live in Africa and have been wanting to try your hand at animation, you can’t miss this. If you’re 35 years old or younger, the competition is open to you. All you need to do is to submit “a dynamic, powerful 10-second action animated clip that illustrates a moment in time that is meaningful to you as someone who lives in Africa.“
What’s in it for you beyond the satisfaction of producing great work and claiming top honours? The first prize winner takes home the newly launched Wacom One graphic tablet and two runners up will receive US$100 each.
What’s more? All entries that demonstrate an understanding of the studio’s free Animation Starts Here course will receive a digital certificate from the Triggerfish Academy.
Important Things to Note
a dynamic, powerful 10-second action animated clip that illustrates a moment in time that is meaningful to you as someone who lives in Africa.
- All animation styles are accepted, be it 2D animation, stop motion, flipbook or CGI.
- Each submitted clip must be created specifically for this competition – no clips that were created prior to the launch of the competition are eligible.
- Applicants can submit a maximum of 5 entries each.
- The organisers reserve the right to make modifications to the terms and conditions of the competition without notification.
- Films shorter than 9 seconds or exceeding 11 seconds will not be considered.
- Entries should not contain offensive material such as pornography, violence or gratuitous profanity.
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Visual appeal (character design and use of colour);
- Use of animation principles (anticipation, squash & stretch, timing, arcs, poses); and
- Overall impact.
Triggerfish offers online training videos on these animation principles here.
Deadline for submissions is at midnight (South African time), March 29, 2020. Fill this entry form to upload your completed work.
Winners will be announced on the studio’s Facebook page on Tuesday, March 31st 2020.
Make sure to read all the terms and conditions and application notes on the Triggerfish 10-Second animation competition website.
Check out last year’s winning entry by Monaphakhati Khati (from Lesotho) below.
Check out last year’s finalists below.
About Triggerfish Animation Studio
Triggerfish is one of, if not the leading animation studio in Africa. The Cape Town based studio has several projects under its belt including Mama K’s Super 4, Adventures in Zambezia, Khumba & Seal Team, Belly Flop, Stick Man, Revolting Rhymes and The Highway Rat among others.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.